Lancashire Fire Stations - Free 10 year smoke alarm
Between 11:00 and 17:00 on Saturday January 21 all Lancashire Fire Stations will be open to the public for people to collect a free 10 year smoke alarm and fire safety guidance, as well as being able to book a free Home Fire Safety Check. This is where fire service staff visit you in your home to provide detailed fire safety advice, help you work out an escape plan for your property and fit a smoke alarm.
Every available member of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service will be involved on Saturday – taking the message into communities at shopping centres, football grounds and other community venues, as well as at the Fire Station. Details of where fire service staff will be will be on our website www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk or on our facebook page Lancashire Fire and Rescue. If people are unable to get to us on Saturday and still wish to get a free smoke alarm they can call 0800 169 1125 or go to our website.
· Follow us on Twitter @LancashireFRS – we'll follow you back. Tweet about the event too if you can.
· 'Like' our Facebook page Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service - we'll like you too! Share our page with your friends.
· Pass the details on to as many friends and family in Lancashire as you can – particularly older relatives or neighbours or those with young children.
Why ? Because smoke alarms save lives
· They give you vital early warning and extra time to escape.
· Every home should have at least one smoke alarm.
· Test your smoke alarm every week. Never remove batteries. Clean it twice a year when the clocks change.