The reasons for requests are varied.
When you write to the records offices, inform them of the reason
why you are making the request. This will assist them in supplying
the correct information. Some of the more common reasons for requests
- Proof of service for joining military associations or ex-services
- Proof of service to enable welfare assistance from ex-service
- Proof of occupancy of Married Quarters for local councils.
- Researching family trees or history.
- Information held on service medical records.